Sunday, February 1, 2009

Being in the Now

Quick post (a paper for school beckons):

One of my favorite things in the entire world is being surrounded by the people I love. We packed 30 people into a living room to watch the Steelers/Cardinals Super Bowl. I'm from Pittsburgh, and so I'm clearly a Stillers fan. But the best part was the atmosphere. The older we get, and the more settled down/in relationships/scattered around the country my group gets, the more rare big group settings are. Being curled up in close quarters, laughing at mostly nothing, and just enjoying being together: sure, it's very Jewish mother-hen of me, but there's really nothing that's much higher on my list in life. I spend a lot of time thinking about the future lately, but sometimes, I just love the present.

1 comment:

  1. I just happened to run across this thing of yours and have to say, you're adorable/great.

    <3Em

    ReplyDelete