Friday, February 6, 2009

Eeeeek.

I missed a day. Been trying to write every day, and just noticed it's 12:09 am. Booooo.

Stealing a concept from Pursue the Passion, and writing 5 things I'm excited about on a Friday:
  1. A grownup apartment!! So soon!
  2. Taking yoga classes. I've only gone to two so far, but I feel so much more centered and relaxed after each class. An hour where I only focus on my body and my breathing takes some pressure off of my poor brain
  3. Liking my new roommates! I'm always ambivalent about getting new randoms, but as usual, I've been proved too cynical, and the three new girls are laidback and funny and easy to live with
  4. My new haircut--chopped off 8.5 inches to donate to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program, in memory of my friend Eric who passed away from leukemia this fall. It was an emotional thing to do for that reason, and cutting off my hair always feels like a good catalyst for change in my life as well.
  5. My mom's second-round interview for a sweet job. She's so smart and interested/interesting, but hasn't had a full-time job in a while--spent time taking care of me and my brother, and working part-time for my dad's jewelry business. She's both an architect and an attorney though, and is getting back into the workforce, looking to do consulting and contract work. First round went well, and I'm excited for the next round on Monday for her! It's funny with us both looking for jobs at the same time. It's been a while since she's done it, and I had to remind her about things she didn't have to consider last time, like following up via email a week later, since things get lost in inboxes so easily.
  6. And a sixth for good measure: my best friend Val got into Columbia's Physical Therapy program!
Friday's my day off--hoping it's sunny and productive. And not thigh-freezingly cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment