Monday, March 28, 2011

Just let it happen.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee." --Twin Peaks.

Never seen the movie, but spotted the quote, and I love it. Even when I'm in a bad mood, or super busy, I've been kinder to myself lately, and embracing the things that perk me up or make me really happy. Adding a tiny piece of chocolate to my lunch from Whole Foods. Buying the Sunday New York Times or the latest issue of Vogue. Running to Jamaica Pond. Listening to John Legend's cover of Adele's Rolling in the Deep on repeat upwards of 10 times to get through a Friday at work. Taking advantage of a free afternoon to get a pedicure and bake hamantaschen (substituting nutella for poppy seeds...). Sneaking off with hilarious coworkers to an empty office for a "Finer Things" mid-afternoon meeting--tea and pastries on a paper tablecloth. Buying an insane dress just to wear it as Passover hostess.

1 comment:

  1. That is such an inspirational quote! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete