Monday, March 14, 2011

Hereby resolved...

This spring, I've added all my workouts for my half-marathon to a "training" Google calendar, in the hopes that if they're solidly scheduled into my life (and my phone), I have no excuse for missing anything.

The same, as of now, will go for blogging. No promises on continuity of topic, or length of post, but since friends are chugging along on Lenten promises to do all sorts of things, it seems like an appropriate time to add a "Write/Blog" recurring "appointment" on my personal calendar. Care for the body, use the mind, etc, etc.

As I plan for future writing, I'll leave you with some of the things that have been revving up my crazed brain lately.

Commonhealth, the WBUR blog, has become a new favorite as I try to catch up to the levels of expertise of fellow board members over at Boston Young Healthcare Professionals. (Look for news of our launch event coming soon!!). More healthcare-related blogs are on my to-find list--suggestions welcome!

Friends planning weddings or bridal showers keeping sending me new design and decoration sites, and my long-standing obsession with fashion has me subscribing to an embarrassing number of fashion, design and style blogs.

As spring approaches and I plan more weekend trips to Haymarket and my extensive Passover feast menu, cooking blogs like Smitten Kitchen and a recently discovered minimalist blog StoneSoup are making me hungry all day long at work.

I'm renewing my love affair with Slate, and the hard-copy redesign of the Sunday NYTimes Magazine means I've been carrying each issue around for days into the week.

Friends' blogs are among the most inspiring I read lately, whether they make me think or make me laugh or make me want to try new hot spots in Boston or make me realize I definitely need to get out for my next run (to run off all that delicious food...).

At least three weekends of travel in the past 2 months mean I've read the latest issues of Nylon, Vogue, Vanity Fair, GQ, Esquire, the Economist, Self, Wired, Fast Company, and others. (One of the many reasons I carry a sturdy purse...)

I've been playing a little over on Tumblr, but more for short things or sharing. More long-form to come in this venue! (now that's on my calendar to post on a regular basis, I have no excuse!)

No comments:

Post a Comment