Monday, September 15, 2008

a bottle of wine later (is that when we're all really honest?)

a smidge overwhelmed
but we all know how i love the manic
wishing i didnt feel so down regarding the/a boy
optimistic about my classes
ambivalent about plenty of things
missing some people and family at home
wishing i felt less all over the place
glad i have my independence
a little sad that no relationship has a major pull on my time
needing more sunshine in my life
ready for some real life responsibility
in need of a goal/purpose beyond the immediate future
absolutely craving affection/sex/anything in that category
proud and embarrassed that i let myself open up a little
wanting to both move on and never let go
not quite ready to grow up. or am i.
feeling a little too observatory/girl in a fishbowl at times
how connected are we all, really? or all we are just moving around and past each other?

1 comment:

  1. I know I love everything you say, but I really love this post. sometimes you are inside my head. and yes, we are all honest after a bottle of wine. i miss you.

    and i love the last line of this. i might steal it. like i steal everything else you write. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete